Saturday, August 9, 2008

Denver, CO








August 3, 2008:

I was very excited to visit a place that I had heard so many stories about and finally get to put faces with names and visuals with places. My husband, Tommy, had served his mission here about 10 years ago. We had the chance to go to church here and even meet Tommy's mission "Mom and Dad" the Standrings. They own beautiful horses that we enjoyed getting to meet, also. Fond memories coming to life here. Speaking of memories, here is a crazy story. In about third or fourth grade, my elementary school teacher in NC set up our class being "pen pals" with a class in Rawlins, WY. I have written and kept in touch with the one they paired me with since that time. I finally got to spend some time in person getting to know my pen pal of so many years, Lisa Christian. She even helped us out with a place to stay in Denver! What a fun story to be able to tell!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Melissa, I truely enjoy checking your blog and following you on tour! Your girls are so precious! I love the pics at the zoo where you all have pigtails. Keep posting regularly and good luck with the tour.

stephanie howard said...

It looks like you are having such a wonderful time! All the stories are so neat to read, and the pictures are adorable! Stay safe, see you soon <3

Anonymous said...

What cool that is that you got to meet her. And Tom's "mission parents". I know you'll be glad when you get home to rest!