Sunday, July 27, 2008

Washington, DC





July 17, 2008

Today was a very special day.

It started with an in-store performance and signing of my CD at This Is The Place Bookstore. (Boy, I kind of felt like Brother Brigham when he said, yeah, baby this is the place....It was so hard to find the store itself!!!)

The DC Temple, I have to say is my favorite. It truly feels like a castle rising above the bustling city....in the world, but not of the world.

Of course, I'm partial to the DC Temple. It's where I was married and sealed to my favorite people ever forever. It was great to have my girlies with me. They stood in awe. Eternity: I would never want to do it with out them!!!!

I got to perform at the Temple Visitors Center. I actually had the chance to perform with my parents and sisters there when I was a little girl as the "Musical Michels," our own version of the Von Trapps:). The small theatre there was full, and I was so excited to have a nice kick-off performance of my fireside.

Special guests included my Aunt Alice from Baltimore, and, (miraculously) my Mother-in-Law, Wynnie, who happened to be coming through DC on one of her many cross-country travels. She brought Uncle Stoney, and even had cousins Lenny and the other Stoney who helped to babysit while I did the show. (This was especially lucky as I had to do the first leg of the trip alone without a babyistter on the road----eeeek!!)

2 comments:

stephanie howard said...

Isn't it amazing how the Lord sends help when we need it? What a blessing that it worked out for you this way!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that you are getting to do the thing you love so much!
You are such an amazing person and performer and just keep your head up and keep on singing!!!