Sunday, July 27, 2008

Palmyra, NY











July 18 and 19, 2008:

We arrived in Palmyra. That was a DRIVE, but its only the beginning!

It was cool to pull up to the store downtown and see the sign with my name. Yay, Artist (spoken mentally with a French dialect).

Luckily, I had my fan club with me....we met up with the Kinston, NC Stake Youth (ahhh, home). They made a big deal over me, even though they see me everyday....Ha Ha...:)

The people at the Latter-Day Harvest Bookstore were awesome. I got to sign alongside Traci Hunter Abramson (an LDS Author from Virginia) and David Stitt (another LDS Author).

The highlight of Palmyra, though, was going with my girls to the Sacred Grove. We met up with the youth from our stake. (These Young Men love the girls so much!)...(and Oh, my...check out the smile on my baby girl). I have only been there one time before, and I remember the strong spirit I felt when entering the Grove. I could feel that spirit from the moment we walked in. It is definitely sacred ground.

That night we saw the Hill Cumorah Pageant. It was great (minus the protestors....) Very, very picturesque.

And, I finally met up with THE BABYSITTER! Hallelujah! I could not do this without her! All hail Andi Nock...my cousin, amazing babysitter and traveling companion!

The 19th was Daddy's birthday. The girls especially missed celebrating with him while he's home working.

Temple #3: Palmyra, NY. I LOVE visiting 3 temples in one week. I should do this all the time!

4 comments:

Lyla And Company! said...

I LOVE Jaz's face in that pix!!! I love this blog! keep itn up! Miss you all!!!

stephanie howard said...

What sweet pictures! Beautiful babies, something to be proud of:-)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad we got to see you there!!
And sorry we had your keys in our bag for so long and we didn't realize it!!
:)

MommiGMaJ said...

Love You All! :-)
XOXOXXOXOX!
GMaJ